INFO@TELLURIDEARTS.ORG | 970.728.3930 | 135 west pacific | PO BOX 152 | TELLURIDE, COLORADO, 81435
WHAT WE DO
Telluride Arts is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that was established on November 17, 1971 as the Telluride Council of the Arts and Humanities, and known as TCAH. The organization was the first non-profit in the region, and served to incubate a culture of the arts that has come to define Telluride.
Over the years our mission has remained virtually unchanged, and our holistic ethos steadfast. Our unique concern is to elevate and promote a culture of the arts in the Telluride Arts District, comprised by numerous institutions, activities, and events that engage extraordinary artists from around the region and across the globe.
In 2012 we engaged the community at large in the development of the Telluride Cultural Master Plan that provides the roadmap for our work.
Since that time Telluride Arts established the Telluride Arts District and became one of the first Certified Creative Districts in the state, activated the Arts District brand, increased programs for artists, opened a new gallery and office space, produced the Arts Bazaar, Art Walk, Twenty(by)Telluride and Art + Architecture Weekend, established a new studio space for visual artists, strengthened partnerships with the Town of Telluride, National Endowment for the Arts, Colorado Creative Industires and the State Historic Trust, led planning and implementation for Wayfinding and Space for the Arts and positioned the organization as a leader in our community. Our most exciting current project is the restoration of the Telluride Transfer Warehouse that will become a center for the arts at the heart of Telluride.
our CURRENT programs
- 1971 The Telluride Council for the Arts and Humanities Established
- 1974 The Telluride Council for the Arts and Humanities Incorporated as 501(c)3
- Umbrella program, Incubator, Administrative Support
- Beaux Arts Ball
- Telluride Holiday Arts Bazaar
- Sheridan Opera House Series
- Commission for Arts and Special Events fund
- Small Grants for Artists' fund
- Pandora's Box, arts newspaper
- Telluride Arts Festival
- public Art Program
- First Telluride Cultural Master Plan.
- Arts Space Planning
- 2008 Stronghouse Studios and Gallery
- 2008 Telluride Art Walk
- 2010 Governor's Art Award
- 2011 Twenty(by)Telluride
- 2011 Website with Local Arts Guide
- 2011 Name Change: TCAH to Telluride Arts.
- 2011 2011-2013 Strategic Plan
- 2011 Americans for the Arts’ Arts and Economic Prosperity Survey
- 2011 Gallery 81435
- 2012 Telluride Arts District
- 2012 Telluride Cultural Master Planning (70 participants)
- 2012 The Cultural Master Plan Update
- 2012 Telluride Art + Architecture Weekend
- 2013 Certified Colorado Creative District
- 2014 2014-2016 Cultural Master Plan Workplan
- 2014 Whitepapers on Space, Resources and Marketing
- 2014 Line-item in Town Budget.
- 2014 Telluride Wayfinding Plan
- 2014 Telluride Arts District Brand and Identity
- 2014 Telluride Arts District Website
- 2015 ArtSpace Sustainable Facilities Analysis
- 2016 2016-2018 Cultural Master Plan Workplan
- 2016 Telluride Transfer Warehouse Planning
- 2016 HQ Gallery and Offices
- 2016 Voodoo Studios
- 2017 Telluride Transfer Warehouse Restoration and Design