"Built in 1906, the Telluride Transfer Company Warehouse is an imposing, two-story, sandstone structure located at the southwest corner of Pacific Avenue and Fir Street in Telluride, Colorado. The building served as the livery barn, warehouse, and office for the Telluride Transfer Company until the 1950s, and has been allowed to slowly deteriorate since that time. The building remained in use as commercial storage and as a filling station until 1978. Its roof collapsed in the spring of 1979.
As the region's central shipping and receiving center for a wide variety of goods and supplies, the historical significance of this building can hardly be overstated. The building is also architecturally notable for the fine craftsmanship shown in its sandstone masonry walls. The building accrues additional significance because its construction history has been exceptionally well documented. As such, this building may be considered individually eligible for inclusion in the National Register of Historic Places, and in the State Register of Historic Properties; it is also a strongly contributing resource located within the Telluride National Historic Landmark District.
Although its roof has been missing for several years, and it is suffering from neglect, this building displays a reasonably high standard of physical integrity, relative to the seven aspects of integrity as defined by the National Park Service and the Colorado Historical Society. These aspects include setting, location, design, materials, workmanship, feeling and association. Astonishingly, a sense of time and place of the building's historic use by the Telluride Transfer Company is still in evidence."
From the Colorado Cultural Resource Survey Architectural Inventory Form